Home Blog No Electric Gas or short of something?

No Electric Gas or short of something?


To anyone who is struggling financially, and has a Pre- Payment Meter
If you have less than £4 on your meter, and don’t get paid for several days… Phone and ask for a “Fuel Voucher” It is £49, and can be applied for twice a year, and you DO NOT have to repay.
A PIN number, is texted to your mobile phone.
Just show it to your top up shop, along with your gas card or electric key.
The Fuel companies do not advertise this scheme…
There is no shame in anyone saying they need help…

People should NOT have to choose between. “Heating and Eating” This is for low income families and people
On Benefits.


Blackpool Council shared this

We know that sudden unexpected costs can be difficult for people facing financial hardship.

The Household Support Fund can help by providing short term financial support to meet immediate needs and help residents who are struggling to afford energy, water bills and other essentials this winter.

As funds are limited, we will prioritise costs relating to energy and water bills but will also consider awarding a grant for other essential costs if there is an impact on the household budget.

These might be costs relating to keeping warm such as:

  • Winter clothing
  • Blankets
  • Draft excluders
  • Window sealants

The scheme can fund boiler service or repair and other essential items will be considered if they effect the ability to afford energy and water costs and remain warm and well this winter (if you live in rented accommodation your landlord is responsible for maintenance, repair or replacement of fixed heating systems and boilers).

Additional help and advice regarding affordable warmth advice and assistance, including; warm homes discount, priority services register, understanding and reducing fuel bills, energy efficiency, budgeting money, dealing with fuel debt, fuel incentives, tariff differences, switching, smart meters, green measures, addressing damp and more is available from the BCH Warm and Healthy Homes project. This service is available to owner occupiers and tenants (not just BCH tenants)

Things we can’t help with

  • Mortgage payments and ongoing housing support
  • Debt advice
  • Council Tax

Additional help with Council Tax may be available from the Council Tax Reduction scheme

Urgent support needs

Please note this is not an emergency support scheme. If you require urgent support with food, gas or electricity, Blackpool Council Discretionary Support Scheme may be able to help

Evidence required

  • Most recent full months bank/building society/savings account statement for you and any other adults in your household
  • For help with gas, electric or water costs, a copy of the relevant bill(s) clearly showing your name, address, account number, date and arrears

Application process

On submitting your application, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide.

This will confirm your application has been received and provide a reference number for use in any future communication. We aim to process applications as quickly as possible and in the date order they are received.

As we may need to contact you to discuss your application, please ensure your contact telephone number is entered correctly. Any queries relating to your application can be sent to us by replying to the confirmation email.

Fraudulent applications

We are committed to tackling and preventing fraud in all its forms.

If a claimant attempts to claim an award from the Household Support Fund by making a false declaration or providing false evidence or statements, they may have committed an offence under the Theft Act 1968.

Where the council suspects that fraud may have occurred it will investigate the matter as appropriate, and this may lead to criminal proceedings


Let us know if this helped you.