⭐️ Blackpool Central Update ⭐️
Work is continuing behind the scenes on the Blackpool Central project, with the planning process largely unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In case you missed the news, terms have been agreed and signed with developers for the lease of land. The next stages will see a planning application go through at the end of 2020 for a multi-storey car park.
£300 million leisure development set for Blackpool
The biggest single investment in Blackpool for more than a century.
The £300 million Blackpool Central development will bring world-class visitor attractions to a landmark site on the famous Golden Mile. A range of indoor attractions will be built, including the UK’s first flying theatre, the world’s first multimedia exhibition of its kind and the most advanced virtual reality experience on an epic scale.
The development will also include new hotels, restaurants, food market, event square, residential apartments and multi-storey parking.
A legal contract with developers at the current Central Station site, a short walk from the famous Golden Mile, has now been agreed and signed off which means work on the 17 acre plot can now get underway.
A planning application for a new car park, the first important stage of works on site, is expected to be submitted at the end of this year
It is estimated that the development will attract 600,000 additional visitors a year with a combined annual spend of £75m. It will also create 1,000 new jobs for people in Blackpool.
The proposed themed of the site is ‘Chariots of the Gods’ (COTG) – a series of novels written by Eric Von Däniken in the 1960s and 1970s, based upon unsolved mysteries of the past, such as the pyramids of Egypt and Mexico, ancient cave drawings, the monuments of Easter Island and alien visitors!
The project is a collaboration between Nikal Ltd, and Media Invest Entertainment, which owns the intellectual property rights of Chariots Of The Gods.
Blackpool Council is working closely with both parties to help ‘unlock’ this development opportunity which is envisaged to be delivered over several phases over an 8-9 year period.
Blackpool Central features
Ride, gaming and sci-fi fans are in for an absolute feast of a treat!
This new multimedia complex will make dreams become a reality, with a mix of multimedia, motion and story-telling like you’ve never experienced.
The Flying Theatre
- The UK’s first Flying Theatre True flight movement provides an unparalleled, real flying sensation
- The No.1 attraction in major cities and theme parks around the world
- Reaches the largest demographic of riders, age 4 – 85
- Fully immersive, including exciting on-board effects (like wind, fog, vibrations, scents, water-spritz, etc.)
Virtual reality experience
- The world’s most advanced “Virtual Reality” experience
- Epic scale, free-roam, multi-player
- Whole body, fully immersive, hyper-reality
- State-of-the-art visuals and body tracking Smell, touch and feel
- Custom motion simulators for unmatched realism
- Fully themed bar and event restaurant
- Breath taking “Roller-coaster” service
- A one-of-a-kind place of fun, adventure and discovery
- Hourly special effects show
- Parties and special events
- Healthy and organic food
- The world’s first “Greatest Mysteries” multi-media exhibition
- Scientific, educational and entertaining
- Discover the most astonishing unsolved mysteries
- Exploring a possible extra-terrestrial influence
- A fully immersive and mind-blowing experience
- Created with the latest technology
- Fully themed indoor interactive entertainment
- Roll-glider – a free falling and hang-gliding sensation
- Rope Courses – the ultimate experience of height
- Adventure Trail – challenging obstacles and great adventure
- Quick Jump –overcome your fear
- Climbing Walls – dynamic and interactive fun walls
Thrill and Gaming Zone
- Exciting High – thrill and family rides
- Arcade Games
- Bounce Park
- Inflatable Attractions
- Laser Tag Arena
- Bumper Cars and much more…
What else will there be?
There are plans to see new hotels, shops, restaurants and more. We’ll be releasing further announcements in the future. Sign up for news alerts at the bottom of the page.
Benefits to the community
Blackpool Council has worked hard to plan for an all year-round attraction, which will create a range of jobs for people living in the area.
- Around 1000 jobs – that’s equal to a job being available for 1 in every 2 18 year olds in Blackpool leaving education
- Unique attraction, unlike anything else in the UK
- An extra £75m annual spend from additional visitors going into the Blackpool economy
- This will underpin Blackpool’s future regeneration and all of the other investment to make Blackpool better
Whats your thoughts on this?
To learn more, visit www.blackpool.gov.uk/BlackpoolCentral